Build-a-Bear Level 1 Blanchardstown Centre Dublin 15
Job Title: Supervisor
Position type: Part-time(20hrs)
At Build-A-Bear Workshop, the Associate Workshop Manager works with the Assistant Workshop Manager and the Chief Workshop Manager to drive the success of our workshops. They are responsible for assisting the Chief Workshop Manager in directing and leading a team of dynamic individuals to achieve the company objectives in regards to WOW guest experiences, WOW associate experiences, and meeting sales and profitability goals set forth by the company.
The Associate Workshop Manager must be an exceptional role model in delivering superior guest service and motivating the team to do the same. They will work directly with the Chief Workshop Manager to promote operational excellence, whilst working towards improving and consolidating the knowledge and skills required to supervise the store effectively.
As part of their every day responsibilities, the Associate Workshop Manager must achieve comp sales and/or sales plan all the while delivering sales metric performance in line with company expectations and consistently achieving excellent results in guest satisfaction.
The Associate Workshop Manager must be in full command of the total store in the Chief Workshop Manager’s and Assistant Workshop Manager’s absence.
This job is part time and a flexible schedule is necessary.
· Energises associates as Floor Leader to ensure proper floor coverage, quality guest service, completion of daily tasks and adherence to company standards.
· Assists in the development of a guest service and sales driven associate team by participating in the training of new bear builders. Provides practical and timely feedback while coaching the “must see behaviors”.
· Assists management team in maintaining bear builder retention within company goals. Contributes to a good team environment in the store by recognising associate successes and helping to boost team morale.
· Assists in the timely processing and merchandising of incoming and outgoing shipments. Processes damages and store transfers as needed.
· Maintains daily awareness of merchandise in stock, current marketing campaigns and promotions. Communicates any issues to Chief Workshop Manager.
· Processes guest transactions, performs till functions and follows company cash management policies and procedures.
· Complete start of day procedures when opening and end of day procedures when closing to ensure store is Grand Opening ready at all times.
· Assists management team with payroll and timekeeping procedures. Checks and corrects daily and weekly timesheets before submission to ensure accuracy and compliance with BABW policies and procedures.
· Maintains housekeeping and maintenance standards through proper associate training and delegation.
· Executes visual presentation standards using BABW visual standard guidelines and store presentation tools.
· Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Maintains a positive and motivational style in all communication and actions to promote productivity and ownership.
The Associate Workshop Manager:
· With partnership of the Chief Workshop Manager and Bearitory Leader approval, the Associate Workshop Manager may be involved with, but not solely accountable for, HR functions including Selection, Interviewing, Hiring, Scheduling or writing and or delivering Performance Appraisals or Counseling’s.
· Should work a schedule based on their skill set and experience that will best meet the needs of the business. Discretion and good judgment, as well as Bearitory Leader partnership, should be used when determining the schedule for the busier days or times that are critical to the success of the business.
· One + Years with a proven, successful track record in a customer centric business, preferably in specialty retail or restaurant business.
· Qualifications GCSE or equivalent in minimum of 5 A-C grade. Must include Maths & English. “A” levels or equivalent is desirable. A University degree is a plus..
· Is ambitious and success oriented.
· Exceptional leadership and selling skills.
· Models personal and professional integrity.
· Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication.
· Organized and planful; pays attention to details.
· Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
· Fosters a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.
To apply please send a CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org